Thoughts of Ireland
Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. For the purposes of these terms and conditions the ''tour participant'' is the person or persons for who have made a confirmed booking with Thoughts of Ireland.
2. Thoughts of Ireland can only accept a booking once we have received from the tour participant a 25% booking deposit and relevant completed documentation if the tour departure date is more than 90 days from the date of booking. For bookings that are made less than 90 days from your desired departure date a booking will only be accepted once full payment has been received. In both instances a booking will only be considered final once we have confirmed to you by email.
3. Any tour participant who wishes to make a cancellation must communicate the request in writing. All cancellations are handled in accordance with our cancellation policy.
4. All bookings are dependent on receipt of the 25% booking deposit, for those bookings made more than 90 days before departure, and receipt of full payment for those bookings that are made within 90 days from departure. Only then, subject to availability and at our discretion, will Thoughts of Ireland reserve a place on the tour and issue confirmation by email.
5. In order to accept a booking each tour participant must sign (or have signed on his/her behalf if under 18) a completed Registration Form, signed agreement to our Terms & Conditions & signed agreement to our Waiver & Release which will be forwarded to you during the booking process once we have confirmed availability for the tour participants selected dates of departure. A copy of these signed documents are to be presented to a Thoughts of Ireland representative at the commencement of the tour. Failure to sign or present these documents will result in the client's booking treated as being cancelled and we reserve the right to apply fees in accordance with our cancellation policy described in this agreement.
6. Thoughts of Ireland are a land only tour operator providing land tours of Ireland. All our tour costs are exclusive of any airfares or other costs associated with presenting yourself in Ireland for the tour. Thoughts of Ireland accept no responsibility for any travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the tour.
7. All our tour costs are exclusive of any travel insurances or provide any cover for the same.
8. It is the responsibility of the tour participant to ensure that they have a valid passport, visa, permit, vaccinations or any other travel documents required for their selected tour.
9. It is recommended that each tour participant purchase their own comprehensive travel insurance to cover for cancellations, medical expenses, personal accident, personal luggage, money & public liability before you travel. It is the responsibility of each tour participant to be fully aware of any activities on the tour which may require specific insurance and arrange for adequate coverage with their insurer prior to commencement of the tour. Thoughts of Ireland reserve the right to refuse admission to a tour participant unless they have arranged appropriate insurance. Thoughts of Ireland accepts no responsibility for loss or personal damage to belongings or liability for personal injury/death
10. Once a booking has been confirmed a ticket will be issued to the tour participant. Tickets can only be used by the person to whom the ticket was issued. Under no circumstances can any other person use this ticket for the purposes of their tour. On commencement of the tour each tour participant will be asked to produce their ticket to a Thoughts of Ireland representative and may be asked to produce this ticket at any other time during the tour. Each tour participant will also be required to produce valid photo identification. i.e. Passport at commencement of the tour or at any time during the tour.
11. All tour participants are required to comply with the authority and decisions of the Thoughts of Ireland representative. Thoughts of Ireland reserves the right to exclude any tour participant from continuing the tour, at any time, who does not comply with the authority of the Thoughts of Ireland Representative, or engages in behaviour that prevents the enjoyment of the tour by other tour participants. In such an event Thoughts of Ireland will not be liable for any refund, compensation or additional expenses incurred by the expelled tour participant/s.
12. Thoughts of Ireland tours require a certain level of fitness requirements in order to participate on the tour. On making a booking the tour participant accepts that they have made themselves fully aware of any physical demands required by the tour, and have represented that they do not have any ailments or physical conditions that would prevent enjoyment of the tour by any other tour participants. If you have any physical or medical condition, dietary restriction or other condition you must inform us in writing when the booking is made. Thoughts of Ireland reserves the right to accept, decline or remove a tour participant from the tour (at departure or during the tour)who we judge to be incapable of meeting the physical demands of the tour or who we feel may prevent others from enjoying the tour. In such an event Thoughts of Ireland will not be liable for any refund, compensation or additional expenses incurred by the removed tour participant/s. If you do not want to participate in a particular activity, please let the Thoughts of Ireland Representative know.
13. In the event that you require medical attention during the tour for any reason Thoughts of Ireland accepts no responsibility for such medical care, or any costs associated and related in connection with such an event. Each tour participant agrees to assume the full cost of such an event.
14. In the event that any tour participant has a complaint in respect of the tour they must communicate this to a Thoughts of Ireland representative during the course of the tour. If the matter cannot be resolved the tour participant is required to make a complaint within 28 days thereof so that it can be investigated further. Any claims that are made after this notice period will not be entertained. Failure to comply with this notice procedure means the tour participant will assume responsibility for any added costs incurred and forfeit any potential refunds.
15. All tour participants must be 18 years and older. Thoughts of Ireland may at its discretion accept a tour participant outside this age restriction subject to a parent or guardian signing a waiver or any other conditions Thoughts of Ireland deem appropriate.
16. A cancellation becomes effective from the day that Thoughts of Ireland receives a written notification from the tour participant. All tour participants must submit written notification to Thoughts of Ireland of a cancellation. Please note that in addition to the tour fare cancellation fees outlined below the tour participant may also be liable for any cancellation fees in respect of third party suppliers booked by the client in association with a Thoughts of Ireland tour.
Days prior to start date Cancellation Fee
90 + days €300
31 - 90 days 50% of tour price
0 - 30 days 100%
17. No refunds will be made once the tour has started under any circumstances for any unused sectors or sections. It is the full responsibility of the tour participant to check the accuracy of the dates booked upon receipt of their travel documents. The reason for the tour participant's cancellation may be covered under their insurance policy which is entirely a matter between the tour participant and their insurer.
19. The tour participant understands that Thoughts of Ireland reserves the right to take photographic or film records of any of its trips and hereby agrees that Thoughts of Ireland may use any such photographic or film records for promotional and/or commercial purposes, as well as approve such use by third parties with whom Thoughts of Ireland may engage in joint marketing, without any remuneration to the tour participant. The Client hereby assigns all right, title, and interest the tour participant may have in or to any and all media in which his or her name or likeness might be used by Thoughts of Ireland.
20. Thoughts of Ireland reserve the right to cancel any trip prior to the departure date for any reason, including insufficient booking or logistical complications which may prevent our ability to operate. If Thoughts of Ireland is unable to provide another trip that is satisfactory, it will refund all payments. This refund shall release Thoughts of Ireland of further liability. Thoughts of Ireland are not responsible for additional expenses such as non-refundable "Advance Purchase" air tickets. No incidental or consequential expenses will be paid by Thoughts of Ireland. Cancellation of a trip due to insufficient booking would normally occur at least one month prior to departure. Thoughts of Ireland reserve the right to alter the itinerary. Tour arrangements are sometimes made up to a year in advance, and unforeseen conditions that mandate change may arise.
21. Thoughts of Ireland reserve the right to increase or decrease the cost of a tour at any time. These changes in price will be advertised on our website. This will in no way affect any bookings made prior to any amendments advertised.
22. Thoughts of Ireland reserve the right to amend the itinerary depending on the requirements of a particular group. Thoughts of Ireland reserve the right to use alternative vehicles to those advertised dependant on the requirements of a particular group.
23. If access to any country or area is prohibited for reasons beyond Thoughts of Ireland's control the client will be entitled to a refund only if Thoughts of Ireland cannot offer substitute services of an equivalent standard.
24. These Terms & Conditions and all matters arising in respect hereof shall be subject to Irish law and the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
25. If the client is unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, the client agrees to pay all our costs, including, but not limited to, legal costs.
26. You agree that the sole remedy for any default by Thoughts of Ireland arising under this agreement shall be the return of the paid tour cost. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Thoughts of Ireland shall not be liable for any special, consequential, indirect, incidental or other damages arising out of or in any way connected to this agreement, including lost profits, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise, even if Thoughts of Ireland has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You expressly waive any right you may have to recover such damages.
27. Thoughts of Ireland tours are weather dependent. Under no circumstances can Thoughts of Ireland be held liable for the weather conditions. Certain activities and events on the tour may have to be amended as a result and Thoughts of Ireland accepts no liability to the tour participant in any way for such circumstance.
28. Thoughts of Ireland will not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise liable to you, by reason of delay in performance or non performance of any of its obligations under these terms and conditions to the extent that any such delay or non performance is due to any Force Majeure. If a tour has to be cancelled due to Force Majeure then the client will be offered an alternative tour at no extra cost. If this is not possible then the cancellation policy mentioned in these terms will be applied.
29. The tour participant has carefully read and fully understands the contents and legal ramifications of these Terms and Conditions. The tour participant further understands and hereby confirms to Thoughts of Ireland that this is a legally binding agreement and is enforceable by Thoughts of Ireland against the tour participant in accordance with the terms hereof. By purchasing the Thoughts of Ireland trip the tour participant agrees that they have read and understands these Terms and Conditions, the tour participant (a) represents and confirms to Thoughts of Ireland that he or she has the legal capacity to agree to these Terms and Conditions; and, (b) represents that he or she has read and fully understands each paragraph of these Terms and Conditions and has been provided with the opportunity to discuss them with Thoughts of Ireland and/or anyone else of his or her choosing. The tour participant further agrees that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
30. These Terms & Conditions, the Waiver & Release, & Registration Form constitute the agreement between the tour participant and Thoughts of Ireland and no representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed by any other means.
31. Thoughts of Ireland tours makes use of services which are provided by other services providers, and third party suppliers, such as, but not limited to, accommodation and/or transport. Such bookings included as part of the tour are subject to the terms & conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those suppliers and third parties. Thoughts of Ireland accept no responsibility for any loss as a result of any act or omission of any third party supplier or service provider.
32. All accommodation arrangements are provided independently by third party suppliers. The terms & conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these third party accommodation suppliers are contractually undertaken between you and the third party accommodation provider. All such arrangements are, in effect, made on your behalf, regardless of the assistance provided by Thoughts of Ireland in securing such arrangements.
33. All activities are provided independently by third party suppliers. The terms & conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these third party suppliers are contractually undertaken between you and the third party provider. All such arrangements are, in effect, made on your behalf, regardless of the assistance provided by Thoughts of Ireland in securing such arrangements.
34. Thoughts of Ireland operates a non-smoking policy on all its' tour vehicles.
Updating of Terms and Conditions: Thoughts of Ireland reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to be familiar with these terms and conditions. The latest terms and conditions can be found on the website.
WAIVER AND RELEASE
This is a waiver and release of certain legal rights. READ IT CAREFULLY.
This document defines responsibilities with respect to all Thoughts of Ireland's trips. Payment for a Thoughts of Ireland trip represents your acceptance of the following Waiver and Release.